The benefits of using CBD for horses
CBD extracts are the perfect addition to your horse’s diet and using CBD for horses can bring numerous benefits.
People have been using hemp CBD for over a thousand years, and its benefits for horses are well-documented although not that well known to the general public.
In fact, many research studies have concluded that it can help with a number of health conditions, from dry mouth to arthritis.
Hemp oil contains all of the essential fatty acids that horses need in order to be healthy.
It also provides them with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which are important for joint health and coat quality.
Hemp oil is also rich in protein, magnesium, zinc and iron.
CBD is an active ingredient in hemp oil that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain and inflammation in horses’ joints.
CBD has also been shown to help with skin conditions like eczema by reducing inflammation at its source rather than just treating symptoms after they’ve occurred.
If you’re curious about hemp oil and CBD for horses, keep reading.
We’ll explore the benefits of CBD oil for horses, the potential risks, and how to use hemp oil and CBD safely and effectively.
What Is Hemp Oil and CBD?
Hemp oil comes from the seeds of the hemp plant, which has been grown for decades in Europe and Asia as a source of fiber and food.
The industrial hemp plant has been bred over the years to produce different types of chemical compounds with more than 25,000 uses.
It’s one of the fastest-growing industry in the world today.
The 2016 Farm Bill, legalized cannabidiol (CBD) extracts from industrial hemp plants.
Hemp is typically grown for its fiber, but can also be used for seed oil or seed meal.
Hemp extract contains more than 50 different cannabinoids and over 400 terpenes, which work together to provide the user with a wide range of benefits (entourage effect).
In addition to being used as a food additive or supplement, CBD can also be used topically as an ointment or salve for pain relief and inflammation reduction.
Hempseed oil contains high concentrations of fat-soluble vitamins and other nutrients like essential fatty acids (Omega 3) for improved immune function in horses.
Cannabis oil can be extracted from hemp or cannabis plants and used to create products such as CBD supplements and cosmetics.
CBD has been shown to be effective for a variety of issues in horses, including pain relief, anxiety problems, inflammation, hair loss, stiff joints and even muscle recovery.
The organic hemp oil contains high concentration of CBD and negligible levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
While hemp oil may contain trace amounts of THC, it is not enough to get you high.
How Does CBD Work in Horses?
CBD is one of the natural ingredients of the hemp plant and is found in full spectrum products. CBD is present in all parts of the hemp plant, including seeds, stalks and flowers.
It’s also found in the oil that is extracted from the hemp plant.
High quality CBD has been shown to be effective against many different conditions in horses when used as a supplement or as part of a holistic program for treating pain or inflammation.
A full spectrum product contains whole plant extracts, including CBD and THC, which are two key compounds found in cannabis.
Full-spectrum CBD oil contains less than 0.3% THC by volume, which is considered low enough to not cause psychoactive effects.
Horses have an endocannabinoid system like humans do.
They also have receptors in the brain that respond to THC and other cannabinoids found in cannabis plants.
This suggests that cannabinoids like CBD could be beneficial for horses suffering from pain or anxiety disorders.
The endocannabinoid system is a fundamental biological system that was discovered by researchers in the 1990s.
It consists of cannabinoid receptors, endogenous cannabinoids and endocannabinoids.
These elements interact to produce a number of important physiological responses such as appetite, pain, mood and memory.
What Are the Benefits of CBD for Horses?
You may be wondering why a horse would need CBD oil, especially if they live on a farm.
Horses are used for variety of reasons, but they mainly serve as companions and sporting animals.
While they do not require the same care and attention as dogs, they do require regular exercise and stimulation to keep them happy and healthy.
One of the most important benefits is that it can help with pain relief.
Horses often suffer from arthritis, which makes them more susceptible to pain than other animals.
Many people who suffer from chronic back pain have found relief through the use of this product.
CBD for horses is the best option for those who want to take control of their horse’s health and make sure that the horse is getting the best treatment possible.
CBD is a great supplement for horses because it can help them with a variety of health conditions, including:
- Improve overall well-being in large animals when used as a preventative regimen
- Chronic stress relief
- Faster recovery after strenuous activity, injury or exercise
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduce joint pain and inflammation
- Helps with digestion issues, like colics and acid reflux
- Improves blood flow which helps with fatigue and exhaustion
What is the correct CBD Product for Your Horse?
Now that you know a bit more about CBD for horses, it’s time to figure out the best CBD oil for your horse.
When choosing a CBD oil, there are a few things you need to consider: the type of horse, the severity of the condition, and the dosage.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates all dietary supplements sold in the United States.
The FDA has determined that CBD products made from hemp are safe to consume if they contain less than 0.3% THC (tetrahyrdocannabinol).
However, they must be made from industrial hemp—not marijuana or plants with high levels of THC.
Equine CBD Products available on the market today contain varying doses of CBD, which make them ideal for different stages of treatment.
For example, if you have a horse with mild pain, you may want to start at a low dose of 200 mg of CBD per day and work your way up from there.
This allows you to monitor how your horse responds over time, which will help you determine which dosage is most beneficial for him/her.
Here are some tips on how to choose the right CBD product for your horse:
1. Make sure it’s phytocannabinoid-rich oil (PCR oil) from hemp.
Hemp is a variety of cannabis that contains very little THC (the psychoactive compound in marijuana).
Hemp has been used as an ingredient in foods and skin care products since ancient times, but today it’s most commonly used as a source of fiber, building materials and oils.
2. Next, consider what kind of problem your horse is having.
Is it a stall rest issue? Does he/she get nervous around other horses?
Does he/she get spooked by loud noises?
In order to find the right CBD product, it’s important that you take the time to think about why your horse needs CBD.
Also, what kind of effects it could potentially have on him if he’s not used to taking it regularly (for example, if he/she doesn’t like the taste or find it hard to swallow).
3. Choose the highest-quality CBD products with a certificate of analysis (COA).
This document shows the level of purity, including contaminants such as heavy metals and pesticides.
It also shows whether or not the product has been tested for safety by third-party laboratories that specialize in hemp products!
4. Look at the ingredients list.
You should always look for organic ingredients with few artificial additives as possible, especially if they are meant for horses—sometimes these additives can be harmful!
You also want to make sure that it contains coconut oil, which is a known anti-inflammatory.
5. The final thing you should consider when choosing a CBD product is how much CBD is in each serving size.
Horses come in all shapes and sizes, so it’s important to choose Hemp CBD oil that’s specifically tailored for their weight and breed.
If your horse has a severe condition, you may need to use high doses of CBD oil.
How do you Administer CBD to Your Horse?
So you’ve decided to give CBD a try for your horse.
Great choice! horse CBD has a range of potential benefits, from reducing inflammation to relieving anxiety.
But how do you actually give it to your horse?
There are many ways to take CBD extracts and it is important to understand each one before using them on your horse.
Here are some of the most common ways to use CBD:
- Through a dropper or syringe. If you have a lot of experience with horses, you probably know that some horses can be a bit finicky about getting their medicine. You can use a dropper or syringe to give your horse the medicine directly into their mouth.
- In a food supplement. Some people use CBD in their horse’s food when they think it is going to help with pain or other health issues. While this may not be the best way to get your horse high off of this supplement, it does work for some people.
- As a topical treatment. There are many different types of topical treatments for horses, but one of the most popular ones is CBD oil that you rub into the animal’s coat at least once per day. It works well for sore muscles and joints. It’s generally recommended that you start with a low dose and gradually increase it over time until you find the right CBD dose for your horse.
As with any new supplement, it’s always best to consult with your veterinarian before starting CBD treatment.
5 Tips on Using CBD for Horses
Now that you understand the basics of CBD for horses, it’s time to learn how to use it safely and effectively.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Start slow and gradually transition to higher doses over time until you get the desired effect. CBD can have a powerful effect, so it’s important to find the best dosage for your horse.
- Hemp oil and CBD are not a replacement for veterinary care but part of a holistic program for better quality of life. If your horse is sick or has a medical condition, please consult with your veterinarian before using CBD.
- Always store hemp oil and CBD products in a cool, dark place and keep them out of reach of children and pets.
- Make sure to clean all equipment after use and dispose of any leftover product properly.
- Talk to your veterinarian if you have any questions or concerns about using CBD for horses.
CBD for Horses - The Bottom Line
If you’re a horse owner, you’ve likely heard of the benefits of CBD oil and hemp oil.
Both oils are derived from the hemp plant, and both have been shown to benefit the immune system, chronic pain, and much more.
While there is a lot of anecdotal evidence supporting the use of CBD oil and hemp oil for horses, further research is still necessary.
That said, both oils are considered safe for animals, and many pet owners swear by their results.
At this point, it’s up to you to decide if you want to give CBD oil or hemp oil a try for your horse.
Be sure to do your research first, and talk to your vet before starting any kind of treatment.