The world’s best sayings about marijuana
With the legalization of marijuana debate still raging on, we thought we’d provide some support from potheads across the globe, with the best marijuana quotes in existence.
Snoop Dog and Bob Marley aren’t the only celebrities partial to getting high.
We have found marijuana quotes from no less than 6 former U.S presidents as well as numerous A-list celebrities from the world of music and showbiz.
6 Chilled out Marijuana quotes from U.S Presidents
1. “Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” — George Washington
2. “When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point.” — Barack Obama
3. “Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country.” — Thomas Jefferson
4. “Federal and state laws (should) be changed to no longer make it a crime to possess marijuana for private use.” ― Richard Nixon
5. “Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marijuana in private for personal use…” ― Jimmy Carter
6. “I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” — Ronald Reagan
11 Marijuana Quotes From Famous People
1.“Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” — Bob Marley
2. “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.” — Bob Marley
3. “The biggest killer on the planet is stress, and I still think the best medicine is and always has been cannabis.” — Willie Nelson
4. “So what if I’m smokin’ weed onstage and doing what I gotta do? It’s not me shooting nobody, stabbing nobody, killing nobody. It’s a peaceful gesture and they have to respect that and appreciate that.” — Snoop Dogg
5. “That is not a drug, it’s a leaf.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. “It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics dope and all of that stuff. It is a thousand times better than whiskey. It is an assistant and a friend.” — Louis Armstrong
7. “Smoking marijuana, as long as you leave the nicotine out of it, is certainly no more damaging than having a drink, and I suspect better for you than having a drink.” — Richard Branson
8. “I think pot should be legal. I don’t smoke it, but I like the smell of it.” — Andy Warhol
9. I’d always done a lot of sniffing glue as a kid. I was very interested in glue, and then I went to lager and speed, and I drifted into heroin because as a kid growing up everybody told me, ‘don’t smoke marijuana, it will kill you.’ — Irvine Welsh
10. “The Beatles had gone beyond comprehension. We were smoking marijuana for breakfast. We were well into marijuana and nobody could communicate with us, because we were just glazed eyes, giggling all the time.” — John Lennon
11. “Even if one doesn’t smoke pot one has to see the benefits of decriminalizing it!” — Danny Devito
15 Best Marijuana Quotes
1. “Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn’t the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?” — Bill Hicks
2. “Struggle is the enemy, but weed is the remedy.” — Kid Cudi
3. “Instead of taking five or six of the prescriptions, I decided to go the natural route and smoke marijuana.” — Melissa Etheridge
4. “The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.” ― Carl Sagan
5. “So when he asked about getting high, I didn’t think, I agreed. We smoked some good California green. Took three tries to put me in the place he said I should be.” ― Ellen Hopkins
6. “To inspire himself, he lit up a marijuana cigarette, excellent Land-O-Smiles brand.” ― Philip K. Dick, The Man in the High Castle
7. “I think that marijuana should not only be legal, I think it should be a cottage industry. There’s some pretty good homegrown dope. I’m sure it would be even better if you could grow it with fertilizers and have greenhouses.” ― Stephen King
8. “Marijuana is fuel for a creative mind. Fuck this prohibition.” ― A.K. Kuykendall
9. “Intoxication decontrols the mind and sets it free. The challenge lies in harnessing the power of the free mind.” ― Tapan Ghosh
10. “I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. And I still think of it as a basic staple of life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits -and millions of Americans agree with me.” — Hunter S. Thompson
11. “One’s condition on marijuana is always existential.
One can feel the importance of each moment and how it is changing one.
One feels one’s being, one becomes aware of the enormous apparatus of nothingness – the hum of a hi-fi set, the emptiness of a pointless interruption, one becomes aware of the war between each of us, how the nothingness in each of us seeks to attack the being of others, how our being, in turn, is attacked by the nothingness in others.” — Norman Mailer
12. “The amount of money and of legal energy being given to prosecute hundreds of thousands of Americans who are caught with a few ounces of marijuana in their jeans simply makes no sense —the kindest way to put it.
A sterner way to put it is that it is an outrage, an imposition on basic civil liberties and on the reasonable expenditure of social energy.” — William F. Buckley Jr.
13. “The longer hair lengths for men seen with the rise of marijuana use in the United States in the 1960s were a textbook case of an influx of apparently feminine values accompanying the use of a boundary-dissolving plant.
The hysterical reaction to such a minor adjustment in folkways revealed the insecurity and sense of danger felt by the male ego in the presence of any factor that might tend to restore the importance of partnership in human affairs.” ― Terrence McKenna
14. “Is marijuana addictive? Yes, in the sense that most of the really pleasant things in life are worth endlessly repeating.” — Richard Neville
15. As we are seeing the use of medical marijuana being legalized in a growing number of states and countries, we can only expect research like this to grow.
Research such as this one only adds to the growing list of the health benefits of marijuana.” ― Kurt Martin
8 Funny Marijuana Quotes
1. “It’s hard to be mean when you’re stoned.” — Bill Lee
2. “I know you’re supposed to tell kids not to do drugs, but, kids, do it! Do weed! Don’t do the other stuff, but weed is good!” — Kevin Smith
3. “I used to smoke marijuana. But I’ll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening.
Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening —or the mid-evening.
Just the early evening, mid-evening, and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-mid-afternoon.
Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning…But never at dusk.” — Steve Martin
4. “If you ain’t got a good job and you ain’t smokin’ weed, then I don’t know what the f— you are doin’ with your life?” — Katt Williams
5. “Alcohol and marijuana, if used in moderation, plus loud, usually low-class music, make stress and boredom infinitely more bearable.” — Kurt Vonnegut
6. “I don’t smoke marijuana, man. Marijuana is a girl from Cuba. Ganja is a bird from Australia. I smoke herb.” — Peter Tosh
7. “We all need something to help us unwind at the end of the day.
You might have a glass of wine, or a joint, or a big delicious blob of heroin to silence your silly brainbox of its witterings but there has to be some form of punctuation, or life just seems utterly relentless.” ― Russell Brand, My Booky Wook
8. “Of course, I know how to roll a joint” — Martha Stewart
5 More quotes about Marijuana
1. “Prison is for rapists, thieves, and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, then you’re the fucking criminal.” ― Joe Rogan
2. “And, to be honest, if weed is a gateway drug, then I really did hop the fence, but sometimes I can’t help but miss the sticky-sweet warmth of a good old fashioned hot box.”― Kris Kidd, I Can’t Feel My Face
3. “I definitely believe marijuana helps with menstruation. Since I started smoking pot, my girlfriend’s period has become painless for me” ― Randy Kagan
4. “President Obama smoked so much pot in college he never learned to spell. Which is why he’s confusing the word “ruining” the country with “running” the country.” ― Kilburn Hall
5. “I don’t think any responsible performer would go on stage high. If he convinces himself he is better that way, he is deluding himself.” ― Oliver
Marijuana Quotes - The Bottom Line
We hope the best marijuana quotes on the internet have inspired and entertained you!
If quotes are your thing, you’ll want to check out some of the Best Quotes On The Internet.
CBD For Relieving Your Anxiety Anxiety and depression are two of the most common mental health issues in the United States today, but what is
Which CBD Brands And Products Work Best For Sleep? If you struggle to get a good night’s rest, you’re not alone. According to the National
Cannabis Seed Storage and Germination – The Facts Have you ever bought cannabis seeds? Or do you have old cannabis seeds at your home, but
The Ultimate Guide To Growing Cannabis Indica Maybe you know how to grow cannabis, but can you grow cannabis Indica in particular? Sativa and Indica